Friday, March 6, 2009

Pics of the Week

Hope you all are having a good week. We've been fairly busy this week, just the normal stuff of life. I was 34 weeks on Monday, therefore 35 weeks in a couple days, which means only 4 more weeks until the c-section! I can't believe how close it's getting. I feel pretty prepared, as much as you can I guess. For those interested, here is a picture of the nursery.

Last Saturday my neighbors had a baby shower for me. It was fun to get some new outfits and things for this baby girl. I keep trying to convince Ben that this little girl is her own self and therefore needs to have some of her own clothes and things. He's yet to fully agree. :)


On Tuesday, we took a tour of the hospital to get acquainted. That really helped me and took away some anxiety I was having about feeling unprepared. Fear of the unknown I guess. The biggest thing I learned was that Ben will not be with me when I get my epidural. Something about keeping the room sterile? Anyway, him not being there will be a challenge for me, but I am glad to know that now as opposed to finding out at the last minute. As you know, I like to plan as much as possible. Ben was grateful to learn the location of the "nourishment" room. To be honest, I'm also glad we found it's location. Snacks are important!

We went to the doctor on Wednesday. Nothing really new to report. These appointments get a little monotonous, so I decided to spice it up a little bit by "just asking" if the doctor would do an ultrasound. I just had to see that little girl one more time and I wanted to see if by chance that calcium deposit had dissolved. He assured me that it was still going to be there, but he obliged anyway. She sure looked cute in there and we saw her chest moving up and down practicing her breathing. The tech also pointed out that she was all arms and legs in there, so looks like she's going to be a big girl too. And the calcium deposit was still there, but the doctor did say that it wasn't showing up as "bright" as before. I think he was just trying to make me feel good. He estimated that her weight was around 4 1/2 pounds. Looking back at my notes, that's about what Whitney weighed at the same time. Everything is estimates though...Little Whitney seems to be getting excited about her "baby stister", although I can't believe she really knows what is going on. She loves to hug and kiss her and expose my belly even in inappropriate locations. I just can't wait to see how she reacts to seeing her baby sister for the first time.

"Hug baby stister"

"Kiss baby stister"

All tuckered out after playing at the doctors office.

1 comment:

Henderson 5 said...

Hey Hartsock Clan. Love the new backgroud & the cute pictures!