Well, I guess its official. We've been told that you aren't a true southerner until you've seen the Stone Mountain Laser Show, and Sunday night we did it, we took the plunge! We went with our good friends the Henderson's and couldn't have lucked into a better night weather wise. 70's in July are unheard of down here! We had a great time and after being warned a few times by a few different people, we are pretty sure the south will rise again after seeing this display of downright, absolute devotion to the south and all it has to offer! These people LOVE their southerness and we like the commitment they show, plus the fact that we get to have fun at their expense. I mean who doesn't love seeing a devil being chased by a jacked up pickup truck to the tune of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"? That's just a small taste of what the laser show had to offer...Oh, did I mention that the lasers were shown on this very impressive "stone mountain" with a enormous carving of the pride of the south, Confederate President Jefferson Davis, General Robert E. Lee and Lt. General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson. Don't worry my northern friends, though the names were familiar, I have to admit I wasn't quite sure who these men really were. I'm convinced they put a lot more emphasis on civil war teaching in the south, hence the great dedication. On second thought, why wouldn't we learn more about it in the north, since, after all...we won. Somehow I think we'll be know as "The Yankees" for a little while yet.
Family picture, minus the little one (too late for her)
No comments:
Post a Comment