I've never been a fan of roller coasters, they always make me sick. Tuesday we were forced to ride the emotional roller coaster, which I'm pretty sure gives me a worse sickness than the "fun" ones. After I picked Whitney up from her first day at school, I recieved a phone call from a girl on the team. Imagine my surprise when she said, "Amy, I'm so sorry". I said, "For what?" She said, "About Ben getting cut." Enter breifly into the "freak out" mode, only for a second, then calmly told her thanks for calling and that I was going to try to call Ben. She, or course, felt terrible, which it absolutely was not her fault. At any rate, I couldn't get ahold of Ben at first, but then he called on his way home around 1:00. We sat still for a few hours, made a bunch of phone calls, waited for his agent to call, and Ben may or may not have taken a spin on his dirt bike. :) (Nothing like wind in your hair to cure a broken spirit!) Around 5:00 his agent called telling us that the Jets were interested, then another call, "New Orleans is interested", then another call, "the Jets coach is going to call you", then calls from the Jets TE coach and offensive coordinator, then the head coach, then the GM. Ok, maybe they really are interested! Then another call, San Fransisco is interested. Wow! Then more calls, but only a couple, it didn't take long, and by 9pm the new deal with the Jets was done and Ben had a flight scheduled for the next morning. Is this really happening? Are we really going to be moving again? Ben and I just laughed. What a strange business we are in. But what a great blessing! God certainly does have a plan for us, His hand certainly is in this, the pieces just came together too easily. At the same time, we are so sad to be leaving our dear friends here. What a great support system we have in them! Most of them have completely abandoned their "love" of the Falcons and are now fans of the Jets, even though they are in a Yankee state! But we will only be gone temporarily, for now we are still calling Dacula, GA home. And so, Ben will be coming home on Friday for the weekend, then needs to be back on Monday. We don't have any firm plans yet, but the girls and I will probably leave sometime next week. We will be moving as little as possible and hopefully finding a furnished apartment/condo/house to rent. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us and riding this "roller coaster" with us the last couple of days. We love you! Go Jets!!!
3 comments:
GO JETS! We can't wait to see what the Lord has planned for you and to have you back "home" around the first of the year.
J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets! Love y'all and can't wait for a road trip to NJ!
It's so sad to think that y'all are leaving, but so proud that things worked out and you will only be gone temporarily! Go Jets!
Post a Comment