Saturday, October 17, 2009

More City

Yesterday we went back into the city. As they do this time of year, the nice, pretty days to be outside are dwindling away, and since it was cold and rainy, we chose an indoor activity. We wanted to go to a museum of some sort, but they all closed around 5pm and we couldn't get in the city til about 3, so that didn't work. But, we did go to Toys R Us in Times Square! It's three floors of toy goodness and has a huge ferris wheel in the middle. Whitney was amazed at all the toys and we had a good time seeing what all she was attracted to. Her favorite things were a grocery cart and a large train set. She played with the train for about 20 minutes. We also rode the ferris wheel. The first time she had been on one, I guess for Lindsey too, and the first time Ben and I had been on one in YEARS. I don't even remember the last time I have been on one...Anyway, she loved the ferris wheel too, but as most things are with her, things get old very quickly and there was a lot of starting and stopping so it got old pretty quickly for her. We were there for a couple of hours, then went to eat dinner at a place called 5 napkin burger...delicious! We've eaten at three different places in the city and all have been fabulous. Ben made the point though, would we really be gushing over the food if it were in, say, Idaho somewhere? Regardless, the food has been tremendous!
Mommy and Whitney on the ferris wheel
Daddy and Lindsey on the ferris wheelOur litte conductorLindsey and Mommy

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

you would be gushing if those burgers were in Nashville I bet! They are really good down here.. probably better!

Stephanie Johnson said...

The wooden train sets (brio, Thomas, and the "knock offs") are well worth the investment. Our kids got many years worth of play out of them and I keep them upstairs for our young guests.

The Harmon Family said...

I would like a 5 napkin burger, please! Looks like you guys are having fun. I know the Hendersons are pumped about their trip!!

Henderson 5 said...

Glad you got to try the 5 napking burger---how many points was it? :) Can't wait to hang with y'all in the city!