I've been wanting to see The Rockett's for a few years now and since we are here, we figured, why not see it at Radio City Music Hall where it all started. The show was great! And the evening as whole was again a comedy of errors, but we were able to laugh it off. We were supposed to eat dinner at Tao, a chinese restaurant, at 6. Well, we were stuck in traffic forever at the Lincoln Tunnel, 45 minute delays, so we didn't even get to the restaurant until 7:15. Keep in mind that the show started at 8:00 and we had a 15 minute walk. Ben told our waiter we needed out in half hour. We quickly scarffed down our food, which, I think was delicious and were out the door by 7:45. Now we are typically fast eaters, but this was an all time record I think. So we were on our way, but then Ben realizes we were going in the wrong direction, so we turn around. Wait! Then he realizes, no we weren't, so we turn back around. We were walking so fast, I felt like I was about to puke up all my food that was not even close to being digested, but we made it to our seats in time. Even in enough time for Ben to head back out to the restroom. Whew! Then we both realized our feet were a complete mess. Ben was pretty sure his heels were bleeding through his socks and I was completely sure I had blisters on the balls of my feet. Surely time during the show would allow them to heal up...No way! We walked so slowly on the way back to our car. I wish I had a picture of what we looked like, I'm just sure people were looking at us, like, "what is wrong with those people!" Ben was trying to avoid his heels, so he was somehow bending his knees and walking, and I was trying to avoid the balls of my feet, somehow dragging my heels. I am cracking up just thinking about it! We laughed all the way back the the car. Anyway, it was a great night and again a great memory. I'm learning that to make the most memorable memories, things shouldn't go the way you plan them. :) Thanks for a great date night hubby!
We walked by the tree in Rockefeller Center after the show, luckily it was on our way to the car...
1 comment:
so jealous of this life yall are leading in NY. what memories....
Post a Comment