Wow! What a weekend! God must really have a sense of humor. Our Thanksgiving weekend can only be described as a comedy of errors and we really couldn't do much of anything but laugh it off. Thank goodness my parents were here to help with all the fun.
It all started with the turkey, well really it started with the fact that we are living in a hotel, but let's just put that little fact to the side. :) Anyway, back to the turkey, I wanted to order a whole turkey, cooked, pick it up hot, put it on the table and be done with it. See, this is the second time we have had Thanksgiving in a hotel, so from past experience I knew this was a possibility, well, apparently not in this area...or was it...at Whole Foods. Now anyone who knows us knows that we are NOT frequent shoppers of Whole Foods or anything that has to do with "organic" food, but in this case I was willing to buy my "free-range" turkey. Well, I'll just say my stupid, organic turkey, though cooked, was not warm and required 1 1/2 hours of cooking that I was not prepared for and because I still had all the other "fixins'" to cook, we ate Thanksgiving dinner around 7pm. Not how I planned it (and really not a big deal), but I was THANKFUL for an oven in our hotel room that I could cook that crazy turkey in. Last time we didn't have an oven in our room...
Let the feast begin
Ben carving the "free" bird
Take 2-Friday we were going into the city, Empire State Building, Rockafeller Center, Times Square, etc. My mom hadn't seen any of it so here we go...it might have been the worst day to go to the top of the Empire State Building, cold, wind, Thanksgiving weekend...but still fun to see and made us laugh alot with all the wind and my parents enjoyed it, my mom even more than she thought she would, so I was THANKFUL for that. Then it happened, Lindsey needed fed, she also needed some Tylenol because her teeth were/are hurting her. Well, for some reason Tylenol, on this day and even now, makes her gag then puke everything she just ate up. Then as she starts crying, she decides to arch her back and have all the green pea puke run down the back of her coat and clothes. Even now as I type this, it makes me laugh...Needless to say, we headed straight back to the car and home for the night. But I was THANKFUL for the lady that stood by the bathroom to save it for us as we made our way there to clean up Lindsey. Thank you lady...whoever you are...
Mom and Dad at the top
Sweet Lindsey all bundled up...before the puking
Whitney looking through the binoculars
The whole fam at the top, yes he is wearing shorts,
but later admitted he should've worn jeans
Take 3-I put the ka-bosh on doing anything on Saturday because I wanted Lindsey to be able to rest and take it easy in case she was coming down with something. So again, not exactly what we all had planned to be doing, but later would find out I was THANKFUL for the rest that day because later that night...and I hate to be so blunt here, but I was hit with the diarrhea...then the vomiting...all...night...long...and Ben woke up at the hotel Sunday morning with the diarrhea and aches. He still had to play a game that day, I on the other hand was VERY THANKFUL for my parents who stayed home from the game and took care of the girls all day while I slept in their bed. By the time Ben got home I was at least up and he was completely exhausted and worn down and feeling really bad. He was about 12 hours behind me.
Today we are well, I am not feeling 100% but much, much better. We have so much to be thankful for, but mostly I am THANKFUL for the memory of this past weekend. Even in the yucky times, there is so much to be thankful for. I love you family with all my heart...
2 comments:
Sweet (& humorous) recounting of your weekend. I can still hear Ben screaming "Lindsey is puking everywhere!" Nice.
ummmmmm .... that will be a memorable thanksgiving for sure!!!!!! love all your 'thankfuls' in there ...AND MARK IT DOWN ... BEN HARTSOCK ATE SOMETHING THAT IMPLIED ORGANIC ... i'm sure he's blaming the diarreah and puking on that stupid healthy bird!!! :) counting down the days ...
Post a Comment