On Thursday night I ran in my next 5K that benefited Morris County Habitat for Humanity. It was right here in our little town of Morris Plains, my "home turf" as Ben kept calling it, and in fact we ran right by our house. I wasn't expecting to do very well. I just started running outside again a week or so prior, and everyone kept telling me, but I didn't get it, the treadmill is different! Anyway, I ended up just a minute or so slower than my first 5K so considering I wasn't really training, I was pleased. I'm not for sure of my time, I forgot to set my watch at the very beginning, but it was somewhere around 36:45. My sweet hubby and sweet girls were there to cheer me on again. I love that Ben gets so pumped up for me. He's so cute...enough blubbering, I know. He's just super, what can I say?
I love this picture because Lindsey is reaching for him. He had just gotten home from work and was walking towards us. She wanted her daddy!
Whitney said she was being the Statue of Liberty
The start
All done
1 comment:
So proud of you girl. Can't wait to run Central Park with you after walking it last year.
Post a Comment