Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Jet No More

Anyone ready for the next chapter?  Well, ready or not...the Jets released Ben yesterday.  It wasn't completely unexpected.  We had anticipated that we would have to renegotiate his current contract, but they felt with all the uncertainty going on in the NFL these days, it was best (for them) to part ways.  There is a small chance they would resign him after a new CBA is reached, but if its one thing we've learned in these 8 years, its that you can't even begin to predict whats going on in the minds of upper management.  We are disappointed, but trusting in God that He has a perfect plan in store for my sweet husband and our family.  Until He chooses to let us in on that little secret, we'll just being living life, having fun and waiting (hopefully) patiently for teams to call.  And if those calls don't come, well, we'll continue living life, having fun and waiting (hopefully) patiently for our next chapter...

6 comments:

Sam said...

My Ma told me the news yesterday, and I was so sad to hear it :( But I have a good feeling if everything goes well with the NFL thing, he'll be back (I hope!) I only said goodbye to the girls long enough to hold out for a couple of months.

TEAM JENKINS said...

hang in there friend ... love your outlook. love that yall are here and have a 'home' , no matter what happens with football. praying for His best for yall ... :)

Anonymous said...

Praying for y'all!! The good news... You will ALWAYS be a Cleftie!! They don't release anyone!

Sutton Family said...

Will be praying for your next chapter, whatever that may be!

Jason and Pamela said...

This made my heart just sink for y'all! I know that God has a great plan for y'all and I love how you handle yourself during the changes that come about with the job. Praying for y'all!

Henderson 5 said...

Love yall. Who needs stinkin' Jersey anyway?