Yesterday we went to the Dacula Memorial Day Parade. Usually our Sunday School class walks in the parade, but this year we all decided to gather and watch it. The kiddos absolutely loved it, scrambling to get as much candy as they possibly could, inching out closer and closer into the parade route with each toss of candy. The kids ended up at least three feet over the designated white line they weren't supposed to cross. :) Whitney was fixated on the candy, but she did say her favorite thing was the princesses that came by. Lindsey, on the other hand, was content with the one tootsie pop she got and sat back with me to watch the parade. She loved the tractors and the band. There was all the typical parade stuff, bands, tractors, princesses, horses, cars, but my personal favorite was a local taxidermist advertising with a pickup bed full of various stuffed animals. It certainly was memorable advertising, and now I know where I need to go when I need a taxidermist.
Whitney, Raleigh and Lindsey
Sweetness
Face painting and snow cones
Getting ready to start the gathering
No comments:
Post a Comment