Monday, November 14, 2011

Treat Yo' Self

Wow!  Did I have a fast one pulled on me.  It was a normal home game weekend.  Ben's parents were in town, Ben was home around lunch on Saturday and the girls and I had just gotten back from a birthday party for one of Lindsey's friends.  Then there was a knock at the door.  Ben went to answer and looked back at me and waved me over to the door.  I thought it was one of our neighbors, she had just had a baby and I thought maybe she had brought her over for us to see.  So I walked over to the door and was greeted with a carload of some of my sweetest friends on earth!  I was completely surprised, like, had absolutely no idea this had been in the works for several weeks by my friends, Ben and his parents.  I couldn't believe it.  I was feeling the love, big time!  I was told I had 10 minutes to pack a bag for the night and that was that!  We had a day and night of shopping, laughing, chatting, eating, relaxing, and more laughing.  It was known as "Treat Yo' Self" weekend, coming from the great Tom Haverford from the NBC show Parks and Rec.  We definitely treated ourselves to some great time with some great people.  And I felt so overwhelmed with happiness and love for those girls and their efforts to pull off a great surprise.  It truly was just what I needed.  Thanks ladies for a special time!

No comments: