Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas!

Wow!  We are full.  Not just with cookies, candy and Honey Baked Ham.  But with life.  With love.  What a wonderful Christmas day we had.  Just our little family of four.  For the whole day.  Daddy didn't have to go into work at all today, or tomorrow and the next day for that matter.  That hasn't happened since Ben's been playing.  We were so looking forward to it and the day didn't disappoint.  Little Whitney came into our room at 7am saying there were presents under the tree and wondering if it was Christmas morning.  When I told her it was, she was so excited jumping around our room.  Then we all went in to wake up Lindsey.  She was so sweetly excited.  The girls were spoiled with gifts from Santa and family.  We all stayed in our pjs all day, except me, I did shower.  And then immediately put on another set of pjs. :) The girls didn't eat a meal all day.  It started with candy in their stockings and pretty much continued with that theme throughout the day.  They literally ate candy.  All. Day.  It was a great day.  One I will always remember.  The girls were so sweet.  They were so excited about the gifts.  Of course.  It's Christmas.  But I was amazed at how thankful they were for what they got.  They didn't whine or complain about wanting more or not getting something of the right color or type.  Things we worry about.  And pray that we don't raise them to love the things of this world.  And then Whitney wrapped up the day with this, (right before bed and right after her brownie and Reese Tree), "I love Christmas.  It's a lot of fun.  The presents and Santa are really fun, but it's really all about Him."  And she looked up.  Man, that was awesome.  That IS what it's all about.  So thankful they're getting it and that He's the one allowing them to see it.  We are full.

2 comments:

Henderson 5 said...

Why am I not surprised that your girls have red sequinced stockings?! Love yall and can't wait for you to be home!

Jason and Pamela said...

What a sweet post! Teared up with Whitney's comment...precious! Maybe Raleigh can play with Whitney and her princess house sometime...she didn't get one...Santa knew I couldn't find a place or imagine something that large added to our house now. :) Look forward to y'all being home soon!