I don't know what is wrong with me. Like, did I really think this day wouldn't come? Apparently. How did I manage to fool myself about this reality? Ugh. I guess I just thought because she was ready it wouldn't be hard. How naive of me. Today was downright hard. Since daddy is at training camp, it was just me and Lindsey to drop Whitney off at her classroom. We got her settled in, book bag hung up, snack put away and found her seat. She got a little teary as I was starting to leave. But true to form, she was tough. I had to be tough too. For her. And for sweet Lindsey. She started crying the minute we left the classroom. She missed her sissy. I at least waited until we pulled into the driveway. I will never, ever forget the look and smile on her face when she looked back at me and waved as I left the room. Never, ever. She is something special.
We let her pick where to eat dinner the night before her big day. She picked Subway. Daddy was in town for the day so we were all happy about that!
Snuggled in bed the night before. So sweet.
Can you tell she's excited?
With the neighbor friends
Whitney and Katie Beth
Ready to go in
Whitney and Mrs. Clay
At her very own seat
Saying bye to sister
Love that girl!
Finally, we got to go pick her up! She was yelling "Mama!" She had a great first day. Her favorite part was music class. They danced, sang songs, and played instruments. She played rhythm sticks. She said they "got busy", read a book, had rug time, went to the cafeteria to eat, and played on the playground. Not sure if you noticed or not, but she's in different pants picking her up then when I dropped her off. Apparently there was a wet spot at the bottom of the slide. Nothing like figuring it all out on the first day! So proud of her. I can't wait to see what God has in store for her life. Such a new and different journey we are on now.
Celebrating with special treat from Menchies!






No comments:
Post a Comment