Tuesday, December 25, 2012

It's Christmas!

Oh what a day!  So blessed to be able to celebrate Jesus' birth.  I don't know if He envisioned us laying around in our pjs all day as the way to celebrate Him, but that sure is what we did.  And it felt great!  We've all been under the weather for over a week now, so this day was much, much needed.  Lindsey was the first to come into our room about 7:45am.  At first I didn't even think she remembered it was Christmas because she didn't have any look of excitement on her face, but then she said, "Mommy, I didn't really think Santa would come, but he did, he really did!"  Then she started jumping up and down.  Whitney was still asleep so we had Lindsey go get her, then it was game on!  So much fun watching them get excited and be excited.  By far the best part was them loving on each other for the gifts they got each other.  They both claimed those were their favorite gifts of the day.  I think they ate candy all day long.  Not kidding.  Ben and I were too tired and lax to even care.  They played with their toys all day, then we all watched "Home Alone."  The girls cracked up!  Super day!  I wish everyday could be like that...

No comments: