Thursday, July 17, 2014

Finders Keepers

It was just a normal old day.  The girls were both at camp.  I had just gotten home from the gym and stop at the top of the drive way to get the mail.  Pretty much like I do every day.  Only this time I heard this intense meowing.  I looked all around but didn't see anything, but could still hear it.  I followed the sound across the street to a tree and looked up and there was a sweet little kitten just meowing his little heart out.  I couldn't get him to come down all the way so I went back across the street to get my phone to call Ben to bring a ladder out.  In that short amount of time the kitty had jumped down and was running across the street to me!  So, a little kitty found us.  I plopped him on my lap and went into the house to show Ben what I had found.  Now, we have been talking about getting a few cats to keep the mice and other varmints away.  We just haven't pulled the trigger yet since we have so much moving back and forth in our life.  Been there, done that, not fun.  Needless to say the girls were more than surprised when they got home to find out we finally had a pet!  Whitney was absolutely speechless, which if you know Whitney, really doesn't happen too often.

No comments: