Well, I made it through the weekend without having this baby without Ben being here. In my last post I mentioned that at my doctors appointment I was 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. Well, I was also +3 station, which at the time of my post didn't think was a big deal. For those who don't know, the station refers to the position of the baby and goes from -3 to +3, +3 being the lowest position for the baby. At the time of the appointment and post I thought +3 was the highest position, so you can see why I really wasn't concerned about anything. However, once I learned the real meaning, I was a tad freaked out, only because Ben was going to be gone. Before he left I called the nurse and she comforted me by telling me that if I was 3-4 cm dilated that she might be more concerned, but at 2 cm I would be ok. She just told me to lay low for the weekend while he was gone. Ok, I don't know about you, but 2 is right next to 3-4 by my recollection! At any rate, we made it through. Luckily it was a rainy, lazy weekend here so I didn't feel too neglectful by keeping Whitney inside all weekend. I have been feeling some Braxton Hicks contractions, mainly when I've been up and around doing things, but definitely nothing major. I can't imagine that I would go into labor before next Tuesday, but these things are not in our control. I go back to the doctor on Thursday for another check, then Friday I have pre-op. Things are about to get crazy! But we are so, so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment