Well, first I have to apologize for this post because it's not the most upbeat, positive post. Ben and I have not at all been impressed by my doctors office or hospital throughout this whole process. I believe the doctors are good doctors, but their practice is too overwhelmed. Part of it could be that this is the biggest city we lived in, so maybe all the stuff we have gone through is common here, but we certainly can't appreciate it after having such a stress free experience with Whitney. At any rate...
I had a check up on Thursday. It was an interesting/frustrating visit. At first the doctor told me that my cervix was closed. I mentioned to him that that was weird because I was 2 cm last week...so he decided to check again and without getting graphic, he came to the conclusion that yes I was 2 cm. Not really sure how that works? He had some answer about a tilting cervix...blah, blah, blah...Then I mentioned to him about how I was concerned over the weekend about Ben being out of town while I was +3 station, to which he proceeded to say, "no, no you are -3". So I don't know if I misheard or he misspoke and I'm not sure what my chart said, by that time I was over the whole thing and I'm not so sure the chart would have helped anyway. Consistency and communication is lacking in this office. Long story short, it's good to know that this baby isn't going to just fall out at any time and she's coming Tuesday regardless.
Yesterday I had my pre-op at the hospital. It took forever! I was lucky though. There were a couple ladies in the lobby about to give birth and they didn't have any beds to put them in! I felt awful for them. After three hours of waiting for about 45 minutes of work, they decided they couldn't draw any blood because it was too many days before the surgery. Then why was it scheduled when it was?! I don't understand these things...oh well. Again, she is coming Tuesday regardless and we just can't wait to meet her. :)
Thanks for listening to the rant...until later...
I had a check up on Thursday. It was an interesting/frustrating visit. At first the doctor told me that my cervix was closed. I mentioned to him that that was weird because I was 2 cm last week...so he decided to check again and without getting graphic, he came to the conclusion that yes I was 2 cm. Not really sure how that works? He had some answer about a tilting cervix...blah, blah, blah...Then I mentioned to him about how I was concerned over the weekend about Ben being out of town while I was +3 station, to which he proceeded to say, "no, no you are -3". So I don't know if I misheard or he misspoke and I'm not sure what my chart said, by that time I was over the whole thing and I'm not so sure the chart would have helped anyway. Consistency and communication is lacking in this office. Long story short, it's good to know that this baby isn't going to just fall out at any time and she's coming Tuesday regardless.
Yesterday I had my pre-op at the hospital. It took forever! I was lucky though. There were a couple ladies in the lobby about to give birth and they didn't have any beds to put them in! I felt awful for them. After three hours of waiting for about 45 minutes of work, they decided they couldn't draw any blood because it was too many days before the surgery. Then why was it scheduled when it was?! I don't understand these things...oh well. Again, she is coming Tuesday regardless and we just can't wait to meet her. :)
Thanks for listening to the rant...until later...
No comments:
Post a Comment