I can't believe it, but we've been here a week already, almost to the hour. The first couple days consisted of getting the things we needed, groceries, toys, etc., plus it was rainy so we really couldn't do much. We did find a library and pretty much had to sign our name in blood to get a library card. Two libraries and a half hour of listening to workers argue about where we needed to go, or even if we could get a card, just because we didn't live here officially. Thankfully we were able to get a temporary card, but no more! Seriously people, it's just a library card! I just want my child to be able to have some books. I thought that was a good thing? Anyway, we got one...Ben's parents arrived over the weekend with my car and all that I could cram into it. My dad will be driving Ben's truck up this weekend so he no longer has to squeeze down into a little Mazda.
We've had some fun days so far. Ben is enjoying the new team. He's just been very busy continuing to learn the offense. I've had the Jets Women Organization Luncheon, wives Bible study and been trying to find babysitters and a school for Whitney. Thankfully I found a school today, so she'll be starting next week, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Lindsey is going to go a couple days as well, just so I can get some running around and gym time in. We've been taking advantage of the hotels playground and pool, and went into the city, as in NYC, a couple days ago. We took the train in, got off at Penn Station, walked north to Times Square, then up to Central Park to let Whitney play at a playground, then headed back down to Penn Station to get back on the train to go back home. It was a lot of fun, the girls loved looking all around, even Lindsey. I told Ben we need to go into the city at least once a week. Need to take advantage of it while we can!
Fun at the Hotel
Swingin'
That Lindsey Kate sure is a smiler! Climbing down
Worn out...maybe...
She loves her daddy!
Whitney and Mommy
New York City
2 comments:
Love, love, love the pictures! Cannot wait to come up and got to NYC and be tourists with y'all. Watching The Office and thinking of you. Miss you!
having serious team hartsock withdrawals after reading your posts ... want to squeeze lindsey and her smiling little face ... really miss you guys!!!
Post a Comment