Oh so cute! Whitney had her long awaited first day of soccer. I love it because it just a practice time, there are no games, they just learn the game and have fun. Oh, and it completely wears her out which is no easy task for this child. Oh, and she looks so adorable running around out there! She did a great job for her first day. She needed to be reminded quite a bit that she wasn't supposed to use her hands, but she was just trying to line up for a good kick into the goal. :) And when they played their little "game" at the end, she didn't like the fact that there was only one ball. At one point she just sat down because she didn't have a ball to play with. We think she just didn't understand that that was how the game was played. She seemed pretty excited later when we explained to her that there is only one ball and that she was supposed to try to take it away from the other team. It was almost like a little light went off in her head, "Oh, I get to take it away from someone! Yes! I can do that!" We'll see how this translates on the field next Monday.
2 comments:
first off I am so proud of her for wearing #10 (only the cool soccer players wear that number :), and second off let's work on the shoe selection - a girl wearing my number must look the part from her head to her toes. Thirdly, I love that she is playing soccer, she will be one aggressive, full speed little player. I'll give her private lessons when ya'll come home to keep her ahead of the pack!
so, it appears that whit took out the boy in the last shot from behind. i think that constitutes a yellow card! miss you guys and hope that whit enjoys it. it took Q a couple of practices/games to catch on.
BL
Post a Comment